|Photo by Marcus Cabaleiro|
The building of the Official Coffee Exchange was constructed to centralize, organize and control the coffee market. Inaugurated in 1922, as part of the celebrations of the Centennial of Brazil’s Independence, the building became a key symbol of the wealth of the coffee business and one of the most emblematic sights in the city of Santos.
The building’s eclectic architectural style and splendor, the quality of the materials used in its construction, and the richness of the details of its decoration all contribute to an understanding of its importance during the golden years of the coffee trade.
The Coffee Preparation Center (CPC) plays a fundamental role in spreading knowledge about the different ways to prepare one of the world’s most traditional beverages. Besides the barista course, it offers workshops and lectures for different publics, with the aim to stimulate the search for technical information on coffee.